6/15/2016

150 Movies in 90 Days: The Return

Okay, so my last attempt at watching and reviewing 150 movies in 90 days turned into a double failburger with extra fail sauce. I barely made it 40 movies before falling so far behind pace that I stopped altogether not long after.

This was three long years ago.

Here we are, in what 2013 me would certainly describe as the future, and I'm still not sure what to do with this blog. Having a place to force my thoughts on whoever is unlucky enough to stumble on them is great, but I don't know what to do with it. I feel like I should somehow turn this thing into a multimillion dollar cultural phenomenon.

I mean, this is PRIME REAL ESTATE, people. Actually, probably not. Does anyone even use Blogger?

Anyway, in lieu of better ideas, I've decided to review a shit-ton of movies again. Why? Because I'll be hiding away from the heat most of the summer and it seems like a fun thing to do. Also, I need an incentive to watch a ton of movies that I either haven't seen in years or have never seen. And finally, because I need to write something that's not work-related from time to time.

So there you have it.

Now, I've made several attempts to watch an arbitrary number of movies in an equally arbitrary period of time in the past. Each time, there are two camps of people with distinct, but ultimately predictable reactions.

Reaction #1: Wow...that's a lot of movies!

Yes, it kind of is. At least, it is when you've got kids who are home from school all summer and you're working and going to the gym and doing all kinds of other Important Adult Stuff.

Reaction #2: Really? That's not that many movies.

Well, sure, you're also right. It's less than two movies per day, after all.

Actually, there's also a third reaction, which is a combination of "Why are you doing that?" or "Who gives a shit?" depending on the honesty level of the individual in question. My answer to why I'm doing it is always the same, "Cause it's awesome." And it is.

Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment